Effective Date: November 20, 2020
◾INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect personal information from and about you. You may interact with us directly, such as when you sign up for a BotBit account through the Site or App, as well as indirectly, such as when you sign up for a BotBit account through our Platform operated by one of our Rewards Providers. When you make a purchase or otherwise interact with one of our Rewards Providers, we may also collect transactional information from you.
◾Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it, such as when you register for access to the Service and create an account, use certain aspects of the Service, contact us with inquiries or respond to one of our surveys. For example, we may collect your name, phone number, email address, photograph, birthdate, location information, Third-Party Service (defined below) login credentials, other information (such as your online activity) based on your registration and privacy settings on those Third-Party Services, and the messages you send or receive through the Service.
◾Information Automatically Collected
We collect transactional information automatically when you transact with one of our Rewards Providers. Transactional information may include details from your receipt (e.g., subtotal, total, and tip amount), payment card information (e.g., the last four digits of your payment card number and payment card expiration date), bill, and order ticket data (e.g., items purchased and their purchase price) from point of sale printers and devices (“Terminals”) used by Rewards Providers.
When you interact with the Service, we also may use various technologies, including cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other tracking technologies, to automatically collect certain general user data and information, including aggregate measures of the Service’s use and aggregate technical and other data about your use of the Service that does not personally identify you. For example, we may track the total number of visitors or users of the Service, the number of visitors to each page of our Site or App, the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers, and how end user customers use and interact with the Service.
◾Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Our cookies and other tracking technologies help provide additional functionality to the Service and help us analyze Service usage more accurately. For instance, our Service may set a cookie on your browser that saves your login credentials. You can set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain Service features. Please refer to your web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
◾Combination of Information & Collected from Third-Party Services
We may combine the personal information we receive from or about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Service, as well as information across other computers or devices that you use, with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, or from other third party sources.
In addition, one of the special features of the Service is that it allows you to integrate various online third-party services, such as social media and social networking services (“Third-Party Services”), directly into your BotBit experience. To take advantage of this feature, we will ask you to provide us your username and password for the relevant Third-Party Services. By enabling such Third-Party Services, you are allowing us to pass your Third-Party Service log-in information to these Third-Party Services for this purpose. When you add a Third-Party Service account to the Service, we will collect your Third-Party Service login information and other relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third-Party Service and your data contained within that Third-Party Service. However, please remember that the Third-Party Services may use, store and disclose your personal information differently, as described in their policies, and BotBit shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third-Party Service.
BotBit uses transactional data to facilitate your transactions with Rewards Providers. If you are a BotBit accountholder, transactional data will be used by Rewards Providers to automatically award you rewards points and/or to provide you with other offers that may be of interest to you. We may also remove your personal information from transactional data and aggregate it with other anonymous data, pool and/or combine aggregated data with other information, and share aggregated data with Rewards Providers, affiliates, service providers, agents and business partners. BotBit may also disclose de-identified, aggregated data to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
BotBit and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Related Companies”) may use data collected automatically through your use of the Service to analyze, improve, support and operate the Service, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Service, to better understand our users, for distribution in general benchmarking data and industry and/or other usage and demographic reports, and other business purposes.
BotBit may also use the personal information collected from and about you through the Service to improve the BotBit Service. BotBit and its Related Companies may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. BotBit may also use your information in other ways, with your consent or as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
BotBit is not in the business of selling your personal information and has not sold personal information in the past 12 months. We consider personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you.
There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information for a business or commercial purpose with certain service providers or partners, or where you may share your information with third parties, as set forth below:
- Rewards Providers: To the extent you have obtained or redeemed a reward offered by a Rewards Provider, added a Rewards Provider as a membership to your account, made a purchase at or through a Rewards Provider, or otherwise participated in any other activity sponsored or offered on behalf of the Rewards Provider, we may provide your personal and transactional information to such Rewards Providers (a) for the Rewards Provider to redeem and validate your reward, send you customized offers, troubleshoot redemption, combat fraud and otherwise communicate with you; (b) as part of legal proceedings affecting BotBit or the Rewards Provider; or (c) to send you marketing information or otherwise facilitate a direct relationship between the Rewards Provider and you.
- Agents, Consultants and Service Providers: BotBit, like many businesses, sometimes hires agents or service providers to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases, sending emails and SMS messages, offering and developing certain features of the Service, and performing maintenance and security. When we employ an agent or service provider to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: BotBit may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or assist government enforcement agencies, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of BotBit, Rewards Providers, or our users, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) protect Rewards Providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; or (vi) protect the security or integrity of the Service.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their or our marketing or analytics uses, and as described in the “Information Use” section above.
◾YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
The Service will automatically send you Emails or SMS messages with updates and other information. You may stop receiving Emails by using the Opt-out link. You may stop SMS messages replying STOP or OFF in response to any received SMS message. You may also opt-out of receiving SMS messages on the BotBit website. If you opt-out of receiving SMS messages, you may not be able to use certain Service. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, click the unsubscribe link in the footer of such emails.
◾YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask to make an access and deletion request. BotBit will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights, but we may offer financial incentives to those who opt in to our collection of personal information.
- Access Request. You may make up to two requests per year for information as to:
- The categories of personal information that we’ve collected about you, or shared with a service provider or partner for a business or commercial purpose;
- The sources from which we collected such information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
- Deletion Request. You may request that we delete the Personal Information that we’ve collected from or about you. If we cannot delete all of your information, we will let you know the reason why, such as if we need to continue to provide you with rewards, or for an internal business or legal reason.
Further to the “Information Disclosure” section, over the last 12 months, BotBit has collected and shared for a business or commercial purpose the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These include your name, postal and email address, phone number, and unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser but not you by name.
- Commercial/Transactional Information: Your transaction and usage history, payment card information, and which Rewards Providers you visit.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services or our advertising.
- Children: BotBit does not direct the Service to, nor does it not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to BotBit through the Service, we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
BotBit takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information provided via the Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email, mobile or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you provide.
◾ACCESS TO INFORMATION; CONTACTING US
You may request, by contacting us as specified below, that we disclose, update, correct, or delete certain personal information that we have collected through the Service. We will take reasonable steps to honor your request in accordance with applicable law. You may also update, correct, or delete certain information associated with your account, and you are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of this information. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. BotBit may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.